Thursday, April 03, 2008

Umm...

Went to bed at 11:00, got up at 2:00 to work on a position paper due at 7 p.m. tonight. Taking a break right now. I have a long way to go, including finishing my research on the topic. Was very depressed at 10:30 when I realized that I left the textbook that is the basic text I was going to use for this paper at school tonight. While my brother generously offered to drive me to school since I was so tired (Really, Zipper, I can't thank you enough), I declined and went to take a nap stating that I would figure something out.

Thank goodness it is a well known text and a simple google search brought up a teaching outline of the chapter I needed from the publisher. Really a shorthand but when you have a lot to write, hey - you take what you can get. I found a couple other articles I can pull from although I have a bunch I can add to the essay once I get it completed. Three sources is a little light for a graduate paper but I have to get the dang thing written first. I have written the introduction, the conclusion and the transition paragraph between the second and third main point to the paper (boy, teaching outlining has really helped my scholarship...). Now I just have to read and write the body of the essay! The syllabus gives us a length of 4-5 pages, I am about 2 in already. My goal is to have a complete draft done by the time I have to get ready for work so that in my break from 12-2 today, I can proofread a final draft. That is my goal, fingers crossed.

During my study break, besides taking a moment to vent in this space, I also emptied and refilled the ice cub trays in the (brand new) freezer while getting myself a glass of water, repacked my backpack for tomorrow so I am not carrying a million things I don't need to, wrote a speaking outline for my 3:30 presentation in my last request for funding for my service assignment (Not to brag but I have managed to secure $3,200 of the $4,900 needed - in contrast to the $1,000 that the faculty advisor brought in). The request is for $1,000 although at this point, all we really need to fully fund the event without department funds is $700. So even if they only give us $100, I pulled it off. All I have to do is generate some publicity in the next three weeks (event is April 22), write up event reports for the sponsors and this monkey is off my back. Believe me, I am counting the days....

Everything is actually going well for me, with the exception of being a student. I am really struggling with that part of my life. And on that note, my break is over.

Ciao!

2 comments:

zipper said...

So sorry to hear it is going so ruff.

S said...

Good job on getting that dough! Wow...you are running like a mad woman!! XOXOX