Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"I Have Cookie Envy" and Other Randoms Thoughts

Yes, I have cookie envy, check out these beauties.

Maybe I can bake these next week. Check out the recipe here. and hang around for a rockin' Vegan blog.

So it finally hit me that the semester is done. I guess it was the 2 hour brunch I had with three people from school that I enjoy spending time with but don't get to see for extended periods of time, even though I share an office with two of them. Ha!

I also started training my replacement at the Union. I will miss working there, although I really don't have anything to do right now. My last day will be January 9. I have worked there for over 2 years now. Everyone there was so welcoming and warm, I hope that I am able to find a new group of people like that once I move on to my PhD program. Cuz lord knows that is not the way I would describe my other group of coworkers. (For a great example of that group check out this previous post). Don't get me wrong, they are not all like that, its just I like the people I work with at the Union better overall.

I have one week left to study for the GRE. Math book, here I come! All I need is to increase my score by 110 points. I am also reviewing some basic prefixes and suffixes of words to increase my verbal score.

Feeling fat. All my professional looking pants feel tight which is a problem since the wind is pretty cold right now and skirts are no bueno in this weather. (sing song) Someone needs to start hitting the treadmill...

I have to go get an oil change tomorrow. My car is starting to act and sound funny.

Nothing makes you feel more incompetent than trying to stamp the edges of an academic journal with the name of the library. I press in as carefully as possible but when I pull the stamp off, you can barely read the name. You gotta love service assignments in grad school. At least I ordered a new stamp pad for the library. It was delivered yesterday. Maybe that will help.

Still have to finish Christmas shopping. Though I was close to done, turns out not even close.

Tamale making in less that a week. Yay!

Even though school is over, I am still having trouble falling asleep. So tonight, after I finish cooking for a potluck dinner tomorrow, studying for the GRE and picking up my disaster of a room, I will try a hot bath with a "Dream On" ballistic from Lush.

Last thought, is anyone reading my blog anymore? Feels like I am simply typing for my own amusement. Leave a comment, will ya?

1 comment:

S said...

Hey, I comment...usually when you blog. :)

LUSH bathbomb sounds divine.

Can't wait to see you on Saturday...weather permitting at this point. LOL