Sunday, August 09, 2009

Somethings I have been thinking about

Time has been stretching out for me in a strange way. I have been officially done with being a grad student since Tuesday, August 4 when I turned in 4 copies of my thesis to the graduate office. I successfully defended my thesis on Wednesday, July 29; met my advisor for final copy editing on Thursday, July 30; got sick and rested for a couple days and then turned everything in.

Since the fourth, which was less than a week ago, I have felt like crap, napping when I can but unable to fall asleep until 4 am no matter what I did that day or if I took a nap. So much to do but no desire to do it.

So, I have been reading a lot online. Here are a couple things I have been reading that I have been ruminating about:

An Immodest Proposal

Is the U.S. on the bring of Fascism?


I also joined Facebook and I have to say, I'm bored with it. It is clunky, non-intuitive, and not much fun. Meh, no big deal.

I'm out. Planning on cleaning up my thesis office and turning it into a teaching office today. And cleaning my room and bathroom. And calling all the friends I have not seen in forever to schedule time together now that I am no longer a student. Not exciting stuff, really.

1 comment:

S said...

You may be bored with facebook, but I am glad that you are there. I haven't really had time to blog, so it's nice to send little snippets out to the world. Congrats again on your thesis! I am so proud of you and happy for you. Boo on the no sleep!

I love and miss you!