Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Whoa

I have a lot to tell y'all about my weekend but I am still working on homework for Wednesday. Unfortunatly, I am brain dead, in the meantime:

- Favorite moments of the conference, Session named "Sheherazade after 9/11: Muslim and Arbic American Writing", "Dream American: Cultural and Intercultural Critiques of the 'American Dream' in Late 20th century U.S. Latina/o Literary and Cultural Productions" and "And the Earth Did Not Swallow Them; Poetry and Prose by Central Valley Chicanas/os, Plenary Speakers Lillian Faderman, and Luis Valdez.

- There are some very talented writers coming out of the MFA program at CSU Fresno. My hats off to them and I kinda wish I lived near there so I could hang out with those cool cats.

-Got to see my family, cousins, grandma, aunts and uncles and met mi primo's novia Tracey. She's pretty cool.

-Finally got to eat at a couple of the restaurants that mi primo Jefferson is always blogging about. Yay me! Food...MmMms

-So glad that I got to spend time with my dad. Nothing like a four hours car ride to cover all those topics that we never get to talk about during the week.

And Dude, the season finale of battleStar Galactica rocked last night!

1 comment:

S said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you had a great trip.