Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Summer Lovin'

Had me a blast, summer lovin' happened so fast.

But seriously, summer is here, school is out and I for one am ready for some fun. It is nice to finally tackle some of that list of things to do once finals are over. Probably the most important and biggest change is reorganizing and cleaning my room. Not that it was horrible but I had stacks of books and papers on every surface of my room for the past month and a half. And the stacks of books were easily over a foot high, no exaggeration. It was simply a matter of getting what I didn't need out of the way while I worked on all the end of year projects.

So I bought a couple under bed bins (no more room under there - too many bins!), put away all my just for fum books and started shelving all the books I have been collecting over the semester that are related to what I am studying or that were given to me (thanks dad). Even with just the small chance of moving these books, my room looks much better and I am much happier. Now I just need to tackle all of the papers I have lying around. One step at a time.

And now a word about books this summer. I have a list of books that I want to read this summer to give me a better grasp of my major. I said the same thing last year and read maybe 2 books, if that. Well, I think if I keep bouncing back between one academic book and one book for fun and cut back on TV, I will be more successful this summer. For example, I reread "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" last week and I want to start reading Gloria Azeldua's "Borderlands" this week, which will be my academic book. Her work is cited way too often for me not to read it ASAP, especially since I have it in my possession. Fun, fun. And hopefully, I can do a little writing about each book as I finish it. I think the key there is to keep current with my writing because I know myself, if I don't do it right away, I won't do it at all.

In other summer goals, I have already made a basic vanilla cupcake recipe out of my new cookbook, "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World." Not bad. I can't wait to try some of the more complicated and fun recipes, like pumpkin chocolate Chip cupcakes with Cinnamon frosting. Sounds delish, no?

I also went ahead and preordered the next Harry Potter book. I have been debating if I wanted to preorder it and I went ahead and caved last night. What can you do?

Alright, I have to get going, I still have quite a few things I want to tackle on my to do list and the season finally of House M.D. is tonight. I really love that show, ever since Italy.

And I'm sorry, but Hugh Laurie is so sexy for an older guy.

Ciao!

4 comments:

zipper said...

Yeah, the cupcakes were OK. Try something a little more zesty, but maybe not pumpkin. So, if you think Hugh Laurie is sexy, where does he fall (on your scale of sexiness), in comparison to that guy you like, from Harry Potter?

Coco said...

MMMM!!! Vegan Cupcakes! Is that from theppk.com? I will mos def try that. And, Mars, Hugh Laurie is absolutely sexy...no matter what his age. Sorta a sucker for those ice blue eyes and asshole attitude :)

meesh said...

Congrts on surviving through your finals! I will be right there with you in about four days. (one final to go) I am also looking forward to reading something fun and finally getting to clean my house. It's a disaster right now. Books and papers on every flat surface. lol

Vegan cupcakes? Go you! I personally can't wait to try pumpkin chocolate chip. Yum! Baking day at my place?

Miss B said...

yes on the hugh laurie. ps we now have cable (OH) so i can watch house. when is it on???