Monday, February 18, 2008

Ready to come home

I should probably use this time to tell you about my adventures in CO but I'm tired of sitting in the lobby of the hotel by myself to use the free wifi. Which I didn't learn about until today, the day before I leave for home. Some random thoughts regarding this trip:

Traveling alone sucks. JW got sick and stayed in LA at the last minute.

The Omni Interlocken hotel either must be the best job in the world in CO or else they drug all the employees with Prozac daily. They are way too happy. And I mean Waaaaay too happy. All the time.

I am not a fan of housekeeping trying to open my door before 8:30 on a Monday morning,

New American Cuisine is not as scary as it may sound. It's actually quite tasty.

When flying, be sure to stock up on cold meds. Especially if your hotel is in the middle of BFE.

Read the entertainment and info guide they send out before going somewhere. That way you won't pay $87 for a taxi ride instead of $22 for the super shuttle.

Going to a conference by yourself sucks.

I love my discipline. Where else can someone talk about Spiderman and 9/11 and Jem and the Holograms all in the same day. And be taken seriously. (Meesh, i wish you were here). There was also a paper titled, "What would Jesus Smoke?" about freedom of speech. And that one comes out of my department too.

Alright, thats enough for now. I am counting down the minutes until I can come home safe and sound. Fingers crossed, no delays and I land in LAX at 4:00 p.m.

Ciao bella.

1 comment:

meesh said...

I'm sorry I missed it! I just found all my old Bitch magazines while unpacking this weekend. I'll havet o locate that article on Jem and the Holograms for you. It was pricelss. ;)