Sunday, February 03, 2008

Sigh...

So, I guess posting once a month is the best we can hope for. Some things that have happened in the last few weeks:

*Had my first assignment for my Performance Studies Class - go to a bar and perform a ethnographic study. Gotta love graduate school.

*Got some great news, a paper I submitted for my conference in March was accepted! Yay! Another thing to my CV. Also, I think I forgot to mention that I am attending a conference in a couple weeks in which I will be on a roundtable discussion about teaching. Slowly but surely, I move towards the future.

*My new boss still rocks. We had a organizing/calendering 'party' on Friday. She loves office supplies as much as I do. I get to order more office supplies in fact. He he he. The GAs are still trying to schedule a coffee hour. We are aiming for Thursdays but we are all still creating our schedules for this semester. We moved our team meeting so things are still in flux.

*As for the student leaders I work with, the candidate we had couldn't accept the position after all and the other two stepped down before the retreat so we now have 4 open spots to fill. But everyone has been pitching in and we have some candidates to consider. The interview committee has been created (yes, I am on it) and I will be calling to set up appointments this week. We are on a roll.

*The retreat went well. A couple of rough spots and we forgot a couple things but we were able to take care of it at the last moment. Some of the young men make my blood pressure rise, part of the job.

*Things are not looking great for my girl Hillary. Super Tuesdays is this week, my fingers are crossed for her.

I have to go to bed but I will post again soon.

Oh - and if I do say so myself, I made a kick ass flier for the Barbie Chronicles. Getting it printed was another story but it looks awesome. One down, 5 flier to go.

1 comment:

S said...

Yay an update!