Saturday, November 29, 2008

Holy Crap!

Some of you are aware that I am in the process of applying to PhD programs (Hence the increase in blog posts, better than actually working). Well, for a couple of the programs I am looking at, I missed qualifying with my GRE scores by 10 lousy points. So I have to take the GRE again.

TO THE TUNE OF $140.00

Yes, that is right, I just signed up to retake the exam and my pocket book is hurting. I also think I need to reschedule it because I signed up for an 8 am test. What was I thinking? But the next best option is 4 pm on Christmas Eve...

The crap I do without even the guarantee of a positive outcome...

***UPDATE***
So I went and rescheduled the exam, for December 24 at 12:00pm. Yes, that's right, Christmas Eve. And I paid $50 for the privilege.

sigh - why didn't I catch that taking an exam at 8 am is a bad idea for me in the first place and save myself some money. !@#$*&^*

1 comment:

S said...

This will all seem like nothing once you have "Dr." in front of your name. :)