Monday, May 15, 2006

Obit

I know that nobody can live forever but it was a bit of a shock to open the Los Angeles Times on Sunday, be flipping through the California section and run smack dab into an obituary for someone you know.

I cannot claim that Laura Marchant and I were friends or even particularly close, but we worked an numerous shows together at Long Beach States. She graduated the year before me. I can still recall the sound of her voice and remember the classes we had together. It’s so sad, she is only two years older than I am now. She was nice and vivacious and as you can read in her obituary, she had a social conscious. What a shame.

I do not plan on going to her memorial service at the University but a part of me will always wonder what the world lost out of from her death at 30.

No comments: