Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Winter Break Goals

I had three weeks off of school and although I worked extra hours (30 a week), I still had grand ambitions to get extra stuff done during this time. See below:

Read one book a week.

Okay, I failed miserably at this one. Only read Celluloid Closet and then didn’t pick up another book all break. I did start the introduction for one of my ‘textbooks’ but I don’t count that. Boo.

Catalogue and watch one ‘research’ movie a week.

I consider all the movies I own that have Latina/o subjects ‘research’. I am going to place this one in my win column. I catalogued all my movies and watched a lot of movies, some of them on topic.

Sew 2 pieces a week.

Believe it or not, I started out doing well on this one. Fixed my sister’s curtains, finished shortening the sleeves on T3’s raincoat, fixed jeans, socks and 2 of my winter coats. The last couple of weeks, I dropped the ball.

Cook 1 new vegetarian dish a week.

didn’t get any where close to this one. Although I did act as sou chef for Meesh a couple times this break. The results were mixed, once were not so bueno , through no fault of ours, once was amazing food. I am looking forward to more assisting of cooking as time allows this year.

1 comment:

meesh said...

Hooray blog updates! You do such a cute job on all of your "illustrations" :)

I think you've had a pretty productive winter break there m'dear. You are so together. I'm playing scramble-and-catch-up here in my last week before school starts. Wheee!

I am sooo glad you liked my b-day CD. That makes me all warm and fuzzy. And you can be my "soup chef" any day.