Wednesday, April 11, 2007

"Celebration of Knowledge"

My Wednesday night class is the Communication and Education class. We have this very nifty project that requires each member of the class to teach something to the other students. The lessons vary wildly. For example, tonight we learned how to play blackjack and how to decorate cupcakes. Here is my cupcake from tonight

The yellow icing at the bottom is made with a "basketweave" tip, the blue M (For Marz) is a "round" tip, the pink is a "star" tip and the green is a "leaf" icing tip. It was a lot of fun and made me want to dig around the kitchen for the icing kit my mom has and start decorating cupcakes. Decorating party anyone?

Previous lessons include:

- Tap lessons
- How to make Vegan Peanut-ty clusters
- A sign language lesson
- Making "The Pink Stuff"
- A lesson on herbs
- A Tango Lesson (yes, we partnered up)
- How TV shows are rated
- Sudoku

That's not even all of the lessons. I went the very first week and taught the class how to make tissue paper flowers.

I better get to bed as the week is not over yet but I wanted to post a little something tonight. Oh, and the "Celebration of Knowledge" that I refer to in the title is our final exam, a take home set of essay questions that are due on 2 weeks. We are limited to 10 pages and the first question should be 2-3 pages of our response. Yeah, mi profesora is a little of a hippie.

3 comments:

meesh said...

Your prof sounds very cool! :) I want to learn how to make tissue paper flowers and dance the tango!

Hmmmm, I see an afternoon with Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World (a fab vegan cookbook) and your icing kit in our future. Yep, sure do...

S said...

That is so cool! What a fun class!

Marz said...

Yeah, sometimes I say to myself, "This is college?"