Sunday, April 15, 2007

G to tha' A to tha' G-ma

Celebrated mom's B-day today at Versaille. It's this Cuban restaurant on Ventura Blvd. which I am just not a fan of. But it is only once a year so I suck it up and just go.

Most of the food is meat, meat and more meat. Usually mom orders the half chicken which comes topped with onions, fried plantains, and with a side of white rice and a cup of black beans.

Usually I gag down the rice and beans but I just couldn't do it this year. So when the waiter came to take our order, I ordered the mixed salad (Greens with onions, tomatoes, avocado and served with oil and vinegar) and a side of french fries. Hey, it's a party.

So when it came time for mom to order for her and G-ma, she started to order the half chicken for them to share but G-ma said, "No, I'll have what she's having." Meaning me.

I don't know why but mi hermano and I thought that was hilarious. So grandma had green salad and french fries for lunch. Rock on!


2 comments:

S said...

Perhaps a reference to "When Harry Met Sally?"

meesh said...

Well, your g-ma has great wisdom and she knows that the salad cancels out the french fries so...party on!