Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tuesday Night Jam

I woke up humming a Neil Diamond song this morning. I can only blame this phenomenon on the wack dreams I have been having. Oh I really enjoyed my dream last night, as I had the pleasure of a certain someone's presence (Oh, baby!) whom I have not seen or thought of in a while but it is all still rather bizarre.

Any who, I grew up listening to Neil Diamond, so I have a certain affection for him. Until I took another listen to the lyrics. A rather sexist and heteronormative performer, that Neil Diamond. The first song I listened to this morning was "Solitary Man". It was so knuckledragging thick that I decided to skip to the next song. And I just kept skipping song after song.

In honor of my musical morning fun, I offer up the latest Soundtrack of my life

1. Opening Credits: Don't Stay Home/311

2. Waking Up: Dirty Little Secret/Sarah McLauchlan

3.First Day At School: Lubbock or Leave it/Dixie Chicks

4.Falling In Love: Oh Well/Fiona Apple

5.Fight Song: You are Loved (Don't Give Up)/Josh Groban

6.Breaking Up: They Stood Up for Love/Live

7.Prom: Where Fishes go/Live

8.Life: Beautiful Disaster/311

9.Mental breakdown: Better Version of Me/Fiona Apple

10.Driving: Sir Psycho Sexy/Red Hot Chili Peppers

11.Flashback: Call The Law/Outkast

12.Getting back together: Every Little Thing She Does is Mgic/The Police

13.Wedding: Off The Hook/Barenaked Ladies

14.Birth of Child: Candy/Mandy Moore

15.Final Battle: El Manana/Gorillaz

16.Death Scene: Crazy Movin/Britney Spears

17.Funeral Song: O Green World/Gorillaz

18.End Credits: Let Me Roll/Seal

1 comment:

S said...

I love the #4 and #5. You've inspired me. I think that I may to follow your cue. Love and miss you!