Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Random bits

--The cupcakes went over well at work. People really liked the frosting, which I personally thought was too...I don't know the right term, greasy maybe? I won't tell you what went into the recipe or you may not eat it [when you get the chance ;) ]. I was even asked for the recipe. Moral dilemma, do I share the recipe or tell the person the name of the book so she buys it herself?

--I am looking forward to making more cupcakes. I want to try a red velvet cupcake for a co-worker's B-day next. But that would necessitate baking tomorrow night and I am not sure if I will have the time or energy. After all, mi hermano tiene un cumpleano manana (I think the effect is lost since I can't include tildes and accents but I think you get the gist).

Also on my 'cupcake radar', pineapple right side up cake cupcakes, and black forest cupcakes.

--I keep crossing stuff off my to-do list. Yay!

--I LOVE Amy Winehouse. If you have not checked out her album, Back to Black, I highly recommend picking it up. She has this very old school girl group sound with modern lyrics. I love love love this album. Can't say it enough.

--Decided not to go to Minnesota for my MALCS conference this summer. Too expensive and there is some stuff I need to save for.

--Did I mention that the inside drivers door handle is breaking on my car? Yeah, right now I pretty much have to roll down the window and open my car door from the outside. It is kind of embarrassing. But I am taking it in to get it fixed this weekend. Car repairs suck, time and money.

--Went to the eye doctor today, my eyes were dilated. Good news, all is healthy and clear so they released me to my regular optometrist. No more having to drive to L.A. to see the doctor! Everyone is so cool in that office but I have to say, I had to advocate for myself in a way that I was just not use to in the doctor's office.

And that's all I have. I'm tired, so talk to you all later.

1 comment:

S said...

Glad to hear that the yummy looking cupcakes went over well. I'd be like the Pamper Chef peeps and give her the one recipe and then have her buy the book. :)

Love and miss you, too! (Are you free for breakfast or lunch on the 23rd?) :)