Thursday, June 11, 2009

3 Nightmares

I just woke up from having three short nightmares in a row. I feel like crap.

The first nightmare was that I sent the analysis chapter of my thesis to one of my committee members to look over before I sent it to my chair to evaluate (that would never happen BTW) and his response was, "So basically you didn't say anything for an entire chapter."

That segued immediately into a nightmare two, where I went out to breakfast with a colleague the first day of school and then all of a sudden realized it was 8 a.m. and I was late to go teach and didn't have any of my paperwork/lecture notes with me to go straight to school.

After a few sidetracks, nightmare three began. I finally started walking to school to try to get to my classroom before any of the students went to the department chair. I set out along Erringer to go to school (wtf? - that's not the way to school) but was having trouble walking. It was like I was sludging through wet sand and cement. But I had to get there so even though my muscles burned with exhaustion and my thighs were weak and shaking from the pain, I kept trying to get there even though I was already a half hour late.This is when I woke up. With my legs aching BTW. Freaky. Do you think someone is feeling inadequate at all?

No comments: