Monday, June 29, 2009

Meals

So the interwebs are not cut off yet, so I will post before it does and I head to school to work.

In addition to cutting artificial sweeteners and caffeine from my diet, I am also back to writing down everything I put in my mouth, a la Weight Watchers, and counting calories. To save calories, I am eating a lot of veggies, and I do mean A LOT. I have also switched to supposedly healthy for you oatmeal for breakfast instead of my usual soy logs on toast (I'll post about that some other day).Well, if you know me at all, you know my distaste for oatmeal. I used to keep the instant packages of oatmeal in my desk at both jobs as it was a quick meal if I was short on time and stores well. Convenient size too. But old fashion oatmeal or eating it by choice - hells to the nos!

Maybe it has to do with the experiment in elementary school of keeping meal worms but when I go to scoop up the dry oats, I always look for meal worms. And if that isn't unappetizing enough for you, I always think that cooked oatmeal looks like vomit in a bowl. And has about the same texture. Not going to go into a detailed description but lets just say that I sometimes have the uncomfortable feeling of food rising in my gorge in the middle of eating oatmeal because of the damn texture. So yeah, I'll choke it down but you can't make me enjoy it.

So I did. Made it in the microwave with rice milk instead of water. Not sure if I will keep this up. I may resort to making cream of wheat, which doesn't bother me as much.

Damn food texture issue of mine...

later, have to go back to writing. I hate my life.

1 comment:

Coco said...

I eat oatmeal for breakfast too now and I drown it in sugar free syrup. MMMM missus butterworths makes it all better :)

I'm looking forward to reconnecting too! I'm moving to Glendale July 15... Further north every year! my email is crista.leopardi@gmail.com.

MUAH!!!! let me know how the oatmeal experience goes....