Monday, April 03, 2006

Einstein

While browsing the Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader website, I stumbled across a blog about some of Einstein’s more famous quotes. Below is one that gave me pause.

"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."

This quote troubles me. I recently watched Fahrenheit 9-11 which is an amazing move. Being raised by a radical (Liberal is a dirty word in our household) academic focused father, I could see the points that Michael Moore was making and I did not disagree with it. I actually watched Fahrenheit 9-11 and Bowling for Columbine back to back within the course of one week.

The quote above brought up this issue for me. If it is true, then how can we extract ourselves from the war we are engaged in overseas? Our current leadership would be and I believe they are incapable of such an action. Ironically, there is an article online today about President Bush attempting to revive his lagging approval ratings. We have, what – 2 ½ years left of his presidency? I am left wondering if an end is in sight and what the future will hold.

Overcast days tend to make me reflective.

2 comments:

zipper said...

Interesting... rainy days, huh?

Tin-foil, lame (oops, that's supposed to gave an accent on the "e") and disco ball earings make me reflective.

But seriously folks... try the chicken, and remeber to tip your waitress on the way out.

(Good post. Keep up the good work.)

meesh said...

It's a dilema for sure. One of the big problems with this whole Iraq thing (among MANY) is that they don't have a realistic exit strategy. We're going to be there for a long time and there isn't much we can do about it. At least not until the next mid-tern election and presidential election in '08.
Congress could end the whole thing tomorrow if they wanted simply by stopping the flow of money. And then after that monkey's will fly out my butt and migrate east with the winged pigs that escaped when hell froze over. (sigh) Overcast days make me snarky.