Friday, April 28, 2006

No Silence

The two women who share the same side of the room I work in quit last week. April 18th was there last day. True, I use to complain about how one of them would listen to Star radio all day long, which means we heard the same three songs every day, all day long but when they left, the radio and their chatter on their telemarketing phone calls went with them. It’s been lonely, although not silent since a customer call center inhabits the other side of the room

Rather than pound my head against the desk going stir-crazy from the silence, I went shopping.

This lovely little gadget has been a life saver. It has AM/FM radio, a rainbow color changing display but the true selling point that cinched the deal was the plug in feature. I can plug in a CD player or, more importantly, an MP3 player. So my handy dandy iPod mini – which I never take out of my bag- has been providing me with groovy tunes all week long. My big bro was kind enough to dig into his drawer of electronic cords and find the correct connecting cable for me and I was good to go!

And the best part? I got it on sale at my favorite French store - Le Target, for under $15.00.

How’s that for a deal?

No comments: