Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sacrifice

I was off line all day today. Yes, I have made a great sacrifice and in the interest of not teaching the new accountant all my bad habit, I stayed off the internet all day.

Withdrawal... No bueno.

Moving on, I mention a while ago that I have to watch a couple of movies every other week to discuss in my Women's Studies film class. In case anyone is interested in following along, or if a local someone would like to watch them with me, here are the movies I have watched so far this semester as well as the movies that I will be watching over the next month. Mind you, school started the first week of September.

Watched so far:
Transamerica
Brokeback Mountain
The Terminator
The Matrix
Gladiator

Watching over the next month:
Bend it like Beckham
Moulin Rouge
Frida
A Time to Kill
Crash

The good news is that I feel like I know how I want to write my next paper and with any luck, I plan on starting it real soon, not waiting until the last minute like last time. The next paper for this class is due October 23. Last time I was worried about reaching the 3 page minimum requirement, this time I am worried about keeping it under the 5 page maximum requirement. What a change.

So, that is all for now, just a quick update. Going to bed before 9 - so ty-ty.

2 comments:

S said...

I completely understand. I am completely cut off. No e-mail (yet), internet browsing (a serious offense now), and NO CELL phones on while I'm wokring. It is tough. But, I understand.

meesh said...

I've been meaning to see TRansamerica for a while now. It's still sitting on my Netflix list waiting for me to return Mrs. Henderson Presents. (sigh) Like I have any time to watch movies anymore.

I'm glad you're feeling inspired so much by the class! I love when you find that you have lots to say about an assigned topic. Makes it so much easier to get the thing written. :)