Monday, October 02, 2006

TGIM*

*Thank Goodness it's Monday

I know what you're thinking, why would I be happy it's Monday? Well, I am really glad that I only work a half day on Mondays. Now that I have a new job lined up, I just don't want to be here any more. I'm trying really hard to not quit doing my job these last two weeks. I'll be training a replacement, hopefully beginning tomorrow. That will make life at work a little more interesting.

Oh and they asked me to stay for three weeks. I said I would ask my new bosses but I didn't. I thought about it over the weekend and solicited advice from my parents and both my instincts and there advice was "no way." As Dad pointed out, I have made a commitment to the new job and why would I want to stay here any longer than I already am?

I "trained" for my new job on Saturday. I put trained in quotes since the main document I will be using we were not able to get into and I don't know how much I retained. We covered everything I have to do in 2 hours. I was fried by the end. We shall see how much I retained. I go back in for more training on Tuesday after work. Yeah, double duty. But only for 2 weeks.

And I am also glad that it is Monday because my 7 to 10 class is not meeting today. Yeah, I have a test in my first class but it is a scantron test and besides, I get to drop my lowest score...Which will probably be this test. That week and a half when I was sick really cost me. But we shall see how I did.

I better get going, I need to at least pretend I am working. 14 days and counting...

2 comments:

Miss B said...

hang in there! you are SOOOOOO doing the right thing.

S said...

I agree with Miss B. You need to stay strong! By the way, it was great to see you. I miss you already!