Friday, February 10, 2006

10 Blessings

I’d like to take a moment out of my exhaustion and general bad mood and give thanks for ten things in my life. In no particular order.

10) I live in California. Where else is it sunny and currently 75 degrees on February 10th?

9) I have ten fingers and ten toes. ‘Nuff said.

8) Pink Heart jewelry. They have great stuff for when you want to get your bling on.

7) The Happy Bunny. He says all the snarky and sarcastic things I have to hold inside. Currently I have a Happy Bunny sticker taped to my computer that says “It’s cute how you think I’m listening.”

6) I have a job. Granted, some days I feel like showing up with an Uzi to make the people I work with see things my way but generally it is not a bad job. It gives me plenty of time to surf the net and pays decent.

5) A corollary to this blessing is that I have full medical, dental and vision coverage. This is coverage that I will need when the stress puts me in the hospital with an irregular heartbeat and high blood pressure

4) My iPod mini. Ah the sweet bliss of putting on my ear buds and drowning out the call center that inhabits the other half of the room I work in. Also handy for calming me down after going two rounds with my “boss” who doesn’t know jack about what I do but pretends he is here to support me.

3) Baby James. (He's almost 3, BTW) His bright smile, warm almost hugs (he tends to just lean into you rather than putting his arms around you) and non-stop chatter were the highlight of my week. I only got to see him for half an hour before he went to bed last night but he made the day so much brighter.

2) My father. I could not ask for a more loving and steady presence in my life. We share books, intellectual musings, trips to the grocery store and some genetic markers for obesity and diabetes. I also think that I will inherit his salt and pepper hair.

1) I have great friends. No, truly I do. They know when to put me back together with emotional duct tape or hand me a margarita or take me out for some shopping therapy. They also indulge my carnivorous vegetarianism and my hankerings for Velveeta cheese and Rotel dip. Mmm…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For you, I make steak any day!!