Monday, February 13, 2006

MONDAY, MONDAY

Yes! It’s 9:16 and I am done with my work for the day! Now, the tragedy is, I arrived at 9:00. Why is this a tragedy you ask? Well, I have to remain here until 5:30. Now, I could see staying here until 3, kind of being on-call since things do occasionally pop up, but 5:30? Come on.

This is why I cannot stand being a part of corporate America. This is not logical. They are paying me for sitting here and metaphorically picking my nose. I blog, I balance my checkbook, I make personal phone calls, I walk around the company, I have even taken naps in my cubicle. One time, my previous manager walked into my cubicle and caught me taking a nap and she didn’t say anything. Now, she was cool. She didn’t care when I came through the door or when I left as long as my work was always done and I didn’t abuse her leniency. I didn't even have to clock in or send her an e-mail letting her know I was here.

More to come.

No comments: