Thursday, February 16, 2006

Happy to be Alive

There are some mornings that I wake up and everything looks amazing in the world. Today was one of those days.

I took the canyon to work today. There is nothing quite like driving through a wooded canyon while listening to some good tunes (Thanks Sam). The sun was shining, the air was cool and crisp and the sky was clear.

My favorite part of the canyon is about half way through. It’s as you begin driving back down the mountains and there is this part where the trees grow up and together over the road. It is like everything gets quieter and the light gets softer as it is filtered through the leaves. It’s especially nice when you hit the repaved parts of the road and the road noise drops away. So peaceful...

Another good spot comes just as you pass out of one county into the other. Right after the sign is a curve in the road and it looks out over a small cliff into the San Fernando Valley. You can see tall buildings in the distance and the city laid out before you. And there is not too much smog.

I wish I had a better understanding of photography at moments like these so I could capture what I see. It’s mornings like these that make me happy to be alive.


Plus, I doubled my dose of 5 HTP last night.

No comments: