Friday, March 10, 2006

I Ponder

I have been looking over my posts for the last few weeks and have come to a conclusion - I am a self absorbed person.

No, really.

All of my posts have been about me. Here I am, trying to become a professor of media studies who points out the inequities of minority portrayals in media and there is not a trace of evidence that I have this interest or that I think of anything but myself in this space. Where is the social protest or social commentary that should go along with this ambition? Perhaps the reason that I have received rejection letters from two prestigious universities is that there is no evidence in my CV that I care about anything but myself. There are no extra curricular activities or community activities. Yeah I donate blood as often as the Red Cross will take it but that is the only altruistic thing I do in my life. Maybe if I got my head out of the clouds I would actually produce and advance in this world.

I do read the news during the down times of my job but I have yet to comment on anything I read about. Except sending article links to my friends and making snide/amusing comments to them in the email. Why aren’t I actually commenting on what I read? Am I really that lazy?

Probably. I need to change that about myself.

Not to say that I won’t comment about things happening in my personal life, as I have a couple ideas for future blogs that I don’t wish to discard. It’s just time to put my money where my mouth is.

‘Nuf said.

1 comment:

S said...

You're allowed to write about yourself and express yourself in this foru. I don't think that you seem self-absorbed.