Monday, March 20, 2006

On a Personal note

Well, I have been reading the newspaper with more frequency and scanning online news for more articles to write about. Although I mean to pursue writing on more academic subjects, I have come to the conclusion that I will continue to write about my personal life as well. There is a lot of pain in life and I need to remember the good parts of life as well. Plus, it is hard to find time to write all the time.

Last week I only posted once but the week before I posted almost every day. Weekday that is. If you haven’t noticed a pattern, I only post during the workweek because my computer at home is not always reliable. Alas, my laptop is getting old and the mouse is acting crazy. I’ll be typing away and since I do not touch type, I will be watching my hands and not realize that my cursor has jumped two paragraphs up and then I have to figure out what word I started typing in the middle of and what the heck I was talking about… It’s a big ol’ hassle. It’s easier to just type at work, where I have a desktop computer that is alright and have some free time on Mondays and Fridays to write. Tuesdays sometimes too. The week I posted every day, I had a lot on my mind and I prewrote the posts and saved them so that on my busy days, I could pop into my blog for two seconds, post and then pop back out. I try to have posts on file for these days.

And I do not feel like I am stealing from my company. It is not like I am pocketing the deposit money, nor am I cheating them time wise. I would take a smaller paycheck if I were allowed to go home early on the days I have little to do. I would, really. But there are corporate rules about how many hours you have to work in order to be considered full time and to get benefits. And the benefits are what really make this job worthwhile. Plus, I think that I more than earn my paycheck on the three days in the middle of the week when I am SLAMMED with work. So I look at it as, they are still getting their money’s worth out of me.

Any way, more to come later this week. Ciao.

No comments: