Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Leave the ratons* alone!

*

(sigh)

I was scanning the news and two stories caught my eye. In the first story, a man in Michigan has just been sentenced to 16 – 30 months in prison for attempted extortion. The man purchased a frozen mouse, like you would purchase to feed a snake, and stuffed the poor little rodent in his Taco Bell burrito. He then proceeded to say that his taco tasted funny and then threatened to go to the media.

In Illinois, a man has made the claim that he found a rodents tooth in his bag of peanuts. He refuses to let parent company Frito-Lay test the tooth to see where it comes from, stating he is reluctant to part with evidence.

Wasn’t it just last year when that woman in central California claimed to find a part of a human finger in her chili at Wendy’s? She was sentenced to 9 years in prison and her cohort/husband was sentenced to 12 years in prison this past January for this stunt.

Don’t you think that people would learn? Or is it simply that too many people want to make a quick buck without working for it? I’m no fan of corporate America but even I think that such frivolous lawsuits are ridiculous. Yes, they get our money but that doesn’t mean people should resort to crime to get it back!

I don’t know, it just caught my eye that both lawsuits involved small rodents. Poor little creatures!

HA! Forgot to add the links to the stories the first time I posted!

2 comments:

meesh said...

Awwww, poor little ratties!

Yeah, these frivolous lawsuits are costly and you know who the big corporations pass the expense down to. Either we pay for it at the retail locations or the workers pay for it in lower wages and crap benefits. Personally, I think it's offensive to the rats.

Marz said...

LOL - raton actually mean Mouse in Spanish. I accidentally erased the definition when I posted the photo. Buts still, poor fuzzies!