Friday, June 02, 2006

These Sickos…

I do not consider myself a violent person but when I read this story, it made me want to get out a set of carving knives and drive out to Florida and visit this family.

“Grandparents allegedly ordered hit on kin.”


This couple in Florida attempted to hire a hit man to have their daughter-in-law and their three grandchildren killed. Oh, and the family dog. Why you ask?

So that the daughter-in-law and the children would not testify against the couple’s son during his rape trial. The son is accused of sexual battery on a child, lewd and lascivious molestation and showing obscene material to a minor. The man molested his daughter and step-daughter.

There is an age old argument among psychologists of how personality is formed, nature vs. nurture. Some monsters are born, others are bred. In this case, I’m not sure which is the stronger of the two influences. Obviously the parents have the same lack of morality and sense of right from wrong that their son has. He was probably taught this behavior from the crib.

And don’t they look crazy?

1 comment:

Coco said...

ugh. I can't even fathom this kind of person. ugh again, excuse me while I head to the bathroom...