Thursday, June 01, 2006

No Creo*

*I don’t believe it.

I cannot believe that June is here already. Part of me is glad June is here because it means that I am closer to going back to school and I have several fun events planned this month. The rest of me is amazed that the year is entering the half way mark and I wonder what I have been doing for the past 5 months.

The funny thing is I know I have been working but I have no idea what I was doing specifically at work. I perform the same duties every week, once a week, with a few variations here and there. Meh, I think work takes up too much of my time. I have windows in my cubicle, thank goodness, but they don’t open so I can’t tell what the day is like outside until I leave the building to go home for the day.

I have also started Christmas shopping this month. It may seem a little weird that I start this early but I don’t know if and how many hours I will be working this fall and I figure I should spend the money now while I have a steady income. I am also shopping for Birthday gifts that range from June to February. Some of my friends have seen my Excel spreadsheet that has all my gifts budgeted out and keeps a running total of how much I have spent and how much I have left to spend for each person and overall. I have some items marked down as ideas and am waiting for the right time to buy them. For example, there is a gift I want to buy from work but I have to wait until I am sent downtown to get it.

I prefer being called detail-oriented to anal retentive, thank you very much.

The downside of this is that I am so excited about the couple of gifts I have already had mailed to me that I want to hand them out. But that kind of defeats the purpose, doesn’t it?

Alrighty, It’s almost time for me to head home, so this will just be a short and random entry.

TTFN.

No comments: