Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend fun

Well, I had a very nice weekend, I hope you all did too. On Saturday, I got up around 9:30 and cleaned around the house since I had invited Meesh, T3 and JI over for a day of swimming and hanging out. Yeah, we didn’t swim but we still had a good time. JI was delayed due to a family emergency, so T3, Meesh and I spent a lovely afternoon together. The girls arrived noonish and hadn’t eaten, so as soon as dad got back from Trader Joe’s, we had a little lunch feast. We had four types of Hummus – regular, garlic, eggplant and roasted tomato (my fave) – with Akmak crackers, mini wheat pitas, several types of cheese and three types of quiche – spinach, artichoke and mushroom (frozen – please, do you think I cook?).

Afterwards we sat around and visited before heading over to Golden Spoon for frozen yogurt. So good! Meesh had cookies ‘n cream, T3 had St. Patrick’s mint and Just Chocolate and I had classic coffee. After finishing our treat, we headed over to Beverly’s fabrics to check out all the stuff they had and make fun of all the funny fabrics. We spent the entire time laughing.

We returned to mi casa and while T3 flipped though magazines looking for a new hairstyle, Meesh and I power napped for a good 20 minutes or so. Yup, passed right out. And apparently, we both twitch in our sleep. Meesh her feet and me my big toes. T3 thought it was hilarious. After that, we checked out some stuff online, Meesh went shopping in my closet and became to proud new owner of two tops and a pair of shoes. We hung out talking until 7 when we headed into the Valley to visit JI at her place.

That was a success, JI is a very good hostess. We decided that Meesh and JI had been separated at birth, played with the ‘kids’ a dashund named Ted and a dingo look-alike names ‘Evil’ or Eve for short. JI feed us and then we hung out on the patio with her roommate and a couple friends who came over right before we headed out for the day.

Sunday, I headed out to NoHo to meet up with Meesh and her bf. The three of us headed down to Melrose to get a hair cut. It’s an okay cut for me, I wasn’t blown away but I also wasn’t looking for a hat to hide my head right away either. I believe that you should leave a salon or barbershop feeling beautiful. Not my experience but I will go back.

We had lunch at this little place on Fairfax called Eat A Pita. Good Greek food and very decently priced. It had a lovely patio with shaded seating and we even had entertainment with our meal. We had a celebrity sighting. We saw:


Yup, John Malkovich. That's not the entertaining part. The poor guy, he had some crazy on the street standing at the gate and preaching at him for the majority of the time he was there. He looks and sounds exactly like he does on film.

We went to a flea market at the corner of Fairfax and Melrose for a little while and then headed back to NoHo. I returned home from there and had a very nice and relaxing evening doing nothing but staring at the tube.

Good times, good times...

1 comment:

Miss B said...

I MISS U GUYS SOOOOOOO MUCH!