Wednesday, July 08, 2009

More

So, still no internet at home, there is a problem with our land line that AT&T needs to fix. We have apparently had this problem for a long time but had received a work around solution that actually worked on a permanent basis. Since I don't understand all the stuff they are talking about, I'll sum it up by saying we have two datalines running to the house and one is cut. Has been for a while and we have been running the phone off the other one. Problem is, the one that was cut is tied to a closer fiber optics center and that is the one we need for the new internet and DVR that is being installed. yay, fun.

In other, bigger news, my thesis defense date has been postponed. No new date set but it will be July 27-30. I think I will propose the 28th but need to coordinate schedules with all three committee members.This is not a bad thing. A lot of people have been expressing an "oh no!" kind of sentiment. Although I am bummed that I have to work on the dang thing longer, this allows me to actually finish it and be done for sure at the defense. I can have everyone sign and turn the dang thing in rather than defending and then having to go back and fix stuff. It gives me more time to fix stuff, like typos, formatting stuff and well, content. Because as much as I have been working on this thing, the beast has not been slain yet.

Got to go home and work on the paper, later!

No comments: