Saturday, July 04, 2009

Online, Kinda

So, I went over to the AT&T store yesterday and picked up one of their wireless laptop cards. (Long story, I thought we were suppose to get it for free but I ended up having to sign a 2 year agreement and put $120 on my credit card but that is a story for another day)

The card runs on the 3G, same as if I had one of their phones. The service is absolute crap. It times out and is slow and horrible.

This is why I will not purchase an iPhone as long as there is only service available through AT&T. I was an AT&T customer before it was purchased by Cingular back in the day and let me tell you, they were a great company until that merge. After that, my service got worse, both in the sense of where I could take calls and also customer service I received. You all remember how I could never take or make calls from my cell in the house.

That's why I switched to Verizon. And have been pretty happy since. There have been some billing errors in the last few months although I am happy to report that two emails per incident has resolved the matter and had the charge credited to my account.

Oh and BTW, I have blocked all features but texts and calls. So if you try to send me a picture on my phone, I will no longer receive it. I use to get them, but then they would try to charge me and extra $2.

Not going to happen.

I'm grumpy. Peace out.

1 comment:

S said...

Glad you're kinda back on line. Good luck this week! I'll remember not to text you pictures. Gotta do facebook, chickie, then. You'll get plenty o' pix then. Or twitter. LOL. xoxo