Friday, September 15, 2006

Big Sigh

So I didn't get the job I interviewed for this morning. I really didn't feel good about it when I walked out of the room so it wasn't a big shock.

Two upsides though. 1. They let me know right away so that I can move on to plan B. And 2. the coordinator asked if she could forward my resume over to another person at the organization for consideration for another position. That was nice of her and she didn't have to do that so I guess I made a good impression even though I wasn't the best canidate, right? So I thanked her for her time this afternoon and let her know that I was open to a different employment opportunity. Doesn't hurt. Who knows, maybe this position would be even better.

So there you have it folks. One opportunity closes and another possible adventure begins.

2 comments:

S said...

Oh lordy, do I feel your pain! However, I can't help but be just as excited about your resume being pushed along there! That's a good thing. And who knows? Maybe it's a position you would enjoy more. My fingers are crossed for you!

And remember, you still have the comfort of employment (as fulfilling at it is).

Anonymous said...

Oh damn. I'm sorry you didn't get that one, but it is very cool that she volunteered to send your resume along to someone else. Often, it's not that you weren't the best candidate, just that you weren't the best fit. I would get acting jobs all the time when I wasn't what they were looking for in the role I auditioned for, but they thought I was great for another part entirely. I guess we just have to roll with the punches.

Fingeres are crossed for that other position. Ihope you get a call to come in and interview soon. :)