Friday, September 22, 2006

TGIF


Wow, so when I did my fast update earlier this week, I left off a couple key components of why I have not been blogging lately.

First and foremost, I lost the battle with the cold and became really sick from Friday through the weekend. On Wednesday I ended up in bed by 8 pm and that did me alot of good. I am finally getting back on my feet. I can tell because my textbooks are starting to make sense!

They gave me a new computer at work. While there are benefits to that - like the turbo charged the thing and I have oodles of memory available - I have a different internet browser than I did before and it doesn't always let me get to Blogger. Damn privacy report and work restrictions!

They also upgraded me from the Microsoft suite 1997 to 2000 and when I use Word then copy and paste into Blogger, I end up with all these weird spaces and code in Blogger. What a hassle. And it suddenly became harder to upload pictures to Blogger. I didn't have these problems before...

So while I have a paper that I will be working on this weekend, I do have a couple posts up my sleeve and plan on publishing them. I had a pretty good day today, I hope you did too.

Oh - I interviewed for the second position today. I took the time last night to iron my clothes and I even starched the collar and cuffs. Yeah, I 'm a nerd. It is basically another accounting position but with the University. I am one of two applicants and they should let me know by next Wednesday. If I get it, hooray! If I don't, I lost out to one person. Doh! We shall have to wait and see.

2 comments:

S said...

Yay! I like those odds. And there is nothing wrong with giving a great first impression.

I'm glad that you're feeling better.

meesh said...

I hope you get it! And also glad to hear you are feeling better. :)