Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Oh yeah!

The University Student Union has offered me the job, I got it! I am on my way out the door. I get to write a letter of resignation tonight and send it in tomorrow. Well, I think I will wait until Friday, Wednesday's are very busy days for my department.

I am very excited because I really did not want to be in my current job by the time January 1 rolled around but I am also very nervous about leaving. I will really miss three of my coworkers as I feel that we have developed a strong working relationship, they have a great sense of humor and I feel bad that I am pulling myself as a resource for them. I know I am replaceable but if the department track record is any indication, it is going to take a long time to find a replacement and there are parts of my job that I quietly take care of things and I don't think my supervisor's realize that I keep certain parts of the department running smoothly with out being officially assigned to them.

There are also parts of my job that I will not miss. I have to keep that in mind.

I am nervous about taking the job because it is less pay, less hours and no benefits. So, my budget will really change. I believe I can do it, there will just be less and less extras in my life. The side note being, since I will have more time to myself, I can cut back on my clothes shopping as I will have time to finally make all the clothes that I bought fabric and patterns for but have never made. Theoretically. And I will spend less on gas as I will not be going to work and then to the university and then back to the University. One stop shopping people.

There is also a small part of me that fears I have bitten off more that I can chew with this job.

But the hired me. And I know I am smart and they are actually going to have me start training with the person who currently has the job before my two weeks notice is up.

At any rate, my life is going to be changing and with any luck, it will all be for the best. Maybe I will even be able to start running on the treadmill again.

3 comments:

meesh said...

Congratulations! I am so happy that you got the job! :)
Yeah, change is scary (I get panic attacks just thinking about what the next few months are going to hold for me) but I think it's all for the best. You will get to really focus on your goals and not be distracted by a job that you don't really like. Jessica is going to really miss you, though! We'll just have to make sure you two get together every now and then.

So glad to hear the good news! ((((((hugs)))))

S said...

Yay! I am so very happy to hear this news. About time we had some good stuff going on! I think that I'll rub myself on you for good luck this weekend. Congrats! This is going to be great. And you'll do a great job, I just know it. Love and miss you!

Miss B said...

really funny thing about being a good worker- they don't know what you are worth until you are gone and then all the little frayed ends that you kept together all the time suddenly starts falling apart- Mr.K always tells my mom and i to let a few things fail- especially if you are in a job, not a career- because the better of a job you do, the more they will expect of you, and for no more pay (unless you ask for it, often)