Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Today is...

I have several thought running through my small mind today so bear with me.

Today is hump day.
(That's a humpback Whale people) Tomorrow, my boss and half the office will be in Hawaii for the rest of the week at a conference. Thank goodness I have plenty of homework to do the 6 hours I will be at work with no boss to give me work to do. Ah the life of the student.

Today a band played in the plaza at the Student Union. They were pretty good, a trio and my kind of music (Hey, I can hear the cracks you are thinking about my taste in music. No comments from the
gallery) I was going to snap a picture and blog about them but they refused to play Happy Birthday to the guy running the sound board. Bad Sports. How are they going to act if they actually get a record deal?

And today is national "America Recycles Day".

Didn't know that either, huh? In honor of National Recycling Day, I am going to recycle a blog idea from my cousin Jefferson. (Okay, it is more like blatently stealing but go with it people)

Soundtrack of my life


So, here's how it works:

1. Open your music library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool

Opening Credits:Need you tonight/ INXS

Waking Up: After the Rain Has Fallen/ Sting

First Day At School: Martha's Foolish Ginger/Tori Amos

Falling In Love: Clean/ Incubus

Fight Song: Sleeps With Butterflies/Tori Amos

Breaking Up: The Power of Orange Knickers/Tori Amos

Prom: Precious Things/ToriAmos

Life: Don't Stand So Close to Me '86/The Police

Mental breakdown:Dirty Harry/Gorillaz

Driving: Sweet the Sting/Tori Amos

Flashback: Amazing/George Michael

Getting back together: Goodbye Pieces/Tori Amos

Wedding: Message in a Bottle/The police

Birth of Child: Here with Me/Dido

Final Battle: Strange Little Girl/Tori Amos

Death Scene: Come Original/311

Funeral Song: Is you is, or is you ain't my baby/Dinah Washington

End Credits: The Strangest Thing/George Michael

Okay, mine isn't nearly as cool as Jefferson's but then again I am not nearly as interesting as Jefferson. Check out his soundtrack here.

And seeing how many times Tori Amos popped up really motivated me to load more music into my Macbook Pro. Really, it is simply a matter of not having more of my music in iTunes when I hit Party Shuffle. Which gives you the perfect number of songs for this game if you still have the default setting on Party Shuffle in iTunes.

Go on, try it....

I think I will be obsessed with this post now and recycle it many times. Fair Warning.

No comments: