Saturday, November 11, 2006

Yummy!

Last night, I went out to dinner at Delmonico's Lobster House.

My fellow grad student and really cool chick JW's parents were in town from Texas and she invited me and DS (another fellow grad) out to meet them. I am sure you are thinking what I thought, "What the heck can I, a vegetarian and a person allergic to shellfish, eat at a lobster place?"

OMG - I had an amazing romaine salad with gargonzola, candied walnuts and a honey mustard dressing. It was good but dessert? Oh dessert was out of this world. JW and I shared a fresh apple tart with cinnamon ice cream and caramel sauce. So good. If I ever have an event where the people I am with want to go somewhere for dessert afterwards, I am going to lobby hard for Delmonico's. I had dreams last nght about that dessert. In fact, I am getting really hungry thinking about it. Yummy. Course, we will have to bring our platinum credit cards to eat there but so worth it.

1 comment:

meesh said...

Hiya, just catchin' up on your blog. You've been busy!
I'm so glad you got Veteran's Day off too. I know I really needed it.
Too bad that it was just the three of us this month, but I think we did really well. T3's soup was yummy and your biscuits were erm..well, easy and sooo carborific. (yes, I'm a writer and I am allowed to make up words like 'carborific.' lol)
Talk to you soon!