Wednesday, February 14, 2007

February 14


I have expressed my views about Valentine's Day before.

This year, I would be in class tonight but my professor kindly gave us a reading assignment so we would not have to be on campus tonight.

So I am still single and that does not bother me at all. I do have a couple things that I like to do for myself on Valentine's Day. First, I buy myself new windshield wiper blades for my car. Since you have to replace them once a year anyway, it's an easy date for me to remember.

I also use to think that you were suppose to get a new toothbrush every 6 months and I chose Valentine's day and my birthday since they are roughly 6 months apart and again, both easy dates to remember. Turns out that you are suppose to get a new toothbrush every three months instead. But my system still works because that means I need to remember to get new toothbrushes for Cinco de Mayo and before/around Thanksgiving. Rock on.

So I am a big ol' nerd, I think that has been made abundantly clear in this blog. Hey, everyone celebrates Valentine's Day in their own way. If you have a significant other, I hope that you get to spend at least some of your day with them today. And if you don't, Happy Valentine's Day from a friend.

XOXOX

1 comment:

meesh said...

Every THREE months? Darnit, I guess I better go buy a toothbrush tonight.

Sadly, my psychology prof did not give us the evening off. It's cool though. I think it's probably for the best that I'm not home alone all evening. I'd probably end up tipsy, on the phone with some poor sweet friend like you blubbering about stupid men.

Yep...I'm not bitter at all. ;)

Happy Valentine's Day back at 'chya!