Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Product Review

As many of you know, I am constantly looking for good hair products to combat the frizz I face as someone with naturally curly - but not super curly - hair. I also don't want to break the bank.

I recently tried John Frieda's complete line of anti-frizz products, from shampoo to styling products.After nearly finishing the shampoo and conditioner (this week I will run out) I now have a product review. The shampoo, conditioner and anti-frizz serum work great. The spray in conditioner and curl activator - not so much. In fact, they both feel like watered down waste of money products. As a whole line from clean to style, not great. Plus, all these are more expensive than I am willing to normally drop on hair care. Not that I don't think it is worth it to pay for a product but for so-so results, I can't afford to spend this much money on a regular basis.

Now, for my money's worth, I like Garnier Fructis products. I previously used the whole line of their Sleek and Shine products - anti-frizz oil, shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner and spray gel to tame my curls. Did I mention I use a lot of products? You would think my hair would look better...but I digress. These products are more modestly priced and I can find a coupon for a dollar off in the Sunday newspaper with enough frequency that I never pay full price for the product.

I am not crazy about their anti-frizz oil but other than that, for what I am getting, I prefer the rest of this line to John Frieda. So from now on, I am going to use John Frieda frizz-ease oil and the rest of the line from Garnier.

My experience/opinion. Do with it what you will.

No comments: