Thursday, March 05, 2009

Rejection (3)

Dear Ms. ___________:

I regret to inform you that I am unable to approve your application for admission to the Graduate Program in Ethnic Studies at the University of California, Riverside for the Fall 2009 term.

A number of factors are considered in evaluating each applicant, including the following: a student's undergraduate preparation, scholarship average, requisite test scores, whether the research interests of faculty are relevant to those of the applicant, and whether an applicant can be accommodated by the department to which application is made.

Unfortunately, it is not possible for the university to accept all who apply, and each department must screen applications carefully to find the best qualified students. For this reason, many excellent applicants must be denied admission.

If you have questions, the academic department to which you applied may be able to further explain specific reasons for your denial. I sincerely hope that you will be able to pursue your academic training at another institution.

Regards,

Joseph W. Childers
Dean, Graduate Division
University of California, Riverside

Oh my God. They are coming fast and furious now. I trying really hard but I am starting to get freaked out. I know that several friends have told me that not getting admitted this year would not be the end of the world but I would much rather be in school this fall, you know

No comments: